Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul, USA is the 12th Branch of Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul, Rajkot.
Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul, Rajkot, an educational, cultural and socio-spiritual non-profit organization was founded by HDH Shashstriji Maharaj Shree Dharmajivandasji Swami according to the inspiration and message “Pravartaniya Sadvidya, Bhuvi Yatsukrutam Mahat” of Bhagwan Shree Swaminarayan in 1948 A.D with the aim to create a moral, ethical and serene society.
Eventually it widened to Junagadh, Ahmedabad, Surat, Hyderabad, Chharodi, Navsari, Mumbai, Taravada, Bangalore, Narmada and USA. Presently, by the blessings of Param Pujya Jogi Swami, all these institutions are organised by around 150 Saints under the guidance of HDH Shri Devkrushnadasji Swami.
The organization takes pride to declare, its extra-ordinary service in producing, more than 49,000 virtue base educated individuals, spread world wide, in indulging itself into Spiritual, Cultural, Social and welfare activities.
Apart from being an ideal educational center, the organization belongs to one of the earnest faiths in Hinduism, the Swaminarayan Sampraday, thereby enlivening rich Vedic values. To promote this ethics & values, Shree Swaminarayan Gurukul publishes many inspiring essays, monthlies, audio-video cassettes & cds, conducts cultural exhibitions, spiritual camps, pilgrimages and celebrations.
Swaminarayan Gurukul USA performs following religious services
- Daily discourse in the evening
- Daily chanting of Swaminarayan Dhoon (Mantra) in the morning assembly.
- Weekly classes for kids in the afternoon (Saturday 3pm to 5pm) to build strong moral, ethical characters to promote communal harmony.
- Weekly spiritual congregation (Saturday 5pm to 9pm). This service includes singing devotional songs (hymns), discourse, Aarti, Prasadam (Dinner), and special youth assembly.
- Weekly assembly for senior citizens for reading of scriptures.
- Preaching tours across USA to promote values of Swaminarayan faith like Non-violence, no theft, no addictions etc.
- Special camps (Shibir) for kids and adults during summer and winter breaks.
- Performing Mahapuja (Special worship service prescribed by Lord Swaminarayan)
- Conducting spiritual assemblies at devotees homes on special occasions.
The above religious services are provided at the below location and below mentioned time
Dallas: 621 Park Vista Rd, Plano, TX 75094 . Map
Phoenix: 20715 East Germann Road, Queen Creek, AZ 85142. Map
Monday to Friday and Sunday:
- 6:30am to 7:45am: Worshiping Lord Swaminarayan
- 7:45am to 8:30am: Morning assembly chanting Swaminarayan Mantra
- 9:00am to 11:00am: Studying/Reading Scriptures
- 11:00am to 12:00pm: Preparing Prasadam (Pious food for Lord Swaminarayan)
- 12:00pm to 1:00pm: Assembly of Saints (and other religious workers)
- 3:00pm to 4:00pm: Preparing for evening assembly
- 6:30pm to 8:00pm: Evening spiritual assembly with devotees (Aarti, hymns and discourse)
Special Weekly duties: (Every Saturday):
- 3:30pm to 5:00pm: Spiritual assembly for senior citizens, Baal Sanskar Sabha Classes for kids of Elementary, Middle and High School kids.
- 5:30pm to 6:00pm: Devotional singing (hymns)
- 6:30pm to 7:00pm: Satsang Sabha/ Congregation (Discourses, Aarti*)
- 7:00pm to 8:00pm: Prasadam (Dinner)
- 8:00pm to 9:00pm: Yuva Satsang Pathshala (Youth Assembly) and Q&A on spiritual topics.
Regular Outreach program:
- Visit Waco, Austion, San Antonio during Every Month
Speical Summer Outreach program:
- Visit following places between June to October duration…
Austin, Huston, El Paso, Deming, Phoenix, San Jose, San Francisco, Chicago, Detroit, Atlanta, Washington, New Jersey, New York, Canada.